Terms and Conditions
The following are the terms and conditions (the “T&Cs”) of a call launched by County Hall Arts (the “Call”). Applicants in response to the Call are referred to in these T&Cs as “Writers”, and all references to a “Writer” shall be to all writers of an Outline. Submitted outlines are referred to as “Outlines”. All persons and readers reviewing and assessing Outlines submitted in response to the Call are referred to as “Readers”. County Hall Arts is managing the Call and is referred to in these T&Cs as “CHA”.
- Submission of an Outline to the Call by any person named in the submission as a Writer constitutes such Writer’s full and unconditional agreement to these T&Cs.
- The Call is open to Writers over the age of 18-years-old.
- Outlines must be written in English.
- Outlines must be suitable for the further development into a feature film script.
- Once an Outline has been submitted to the Call, no substitutions of new drafts or corrected pages will be accepted.
- Outlines must be submitted via the submission page on the CHA website. Paper submissions are not accepted.
- Writers may submit no more than 3 Outlines to the Call.
- Outlines must be original work.
- All rights in an Outline must be held by the Writer(s) who are submitting it to the Call.
- Writers who are selected to proceed to further development as part of the Call will be required to enter into an agreement with CHA that sets out the conditions of the development funding.
- Writers agree to allow the Outline to be read and judged for the purposes of the Call. In the unlikely event of breach of copyright by a Reader, CHA shall not be held liable,
and by submitting an Outline Writers acknowledge and agree that CHA have no responsibility for the breach by any Reader of any copyright or of their obligation of confidentiality, and Writers agree that they will bring no action against CHA for breach of copyright by any Reader.
- Writers acknowledge and agree that the ideas and stories expressed and embodied
in an Outline may be similar to other material that may already have been received and/or developed by CHA and/or one or more of the Call’s readers (Pre-Existing Material). Writers agree that they are not entitled to any compensation or credit for use by CHA or any Reader of any such Pre-Existing Material.
- Writers agree that the title and a synopsis of an Outline may be published on the CHA website.
- Writers agree that CHA may use the Writer’s name and likeness for publicity and promotion of the Call.
- The decisions of CHA are final. No discussion or correspondence regarding any decision will be entered into.
- CHA reserves the right to refuse entry to the competition from any Writer or Outline for any reason.
- CHA reserves the right to not proceed with the development of any Outlines submitted in response to the Call.
- CHA reserves the right to review, amend and/or discontinue this Call, the T&CS and/or the selection process.