The Winner and Runners-up
- All valid Competition entries will be reviewed by the Charity and its advisors in order to elect an overall winner (“the Winner”) and two runners-up (“the Runners-up”).
- The Sculpture Proposals must be original to You and may not have been previously commissioned or awarded a prize of any kind by a third party. Proposals must be free of any liabilities.
- All of the criteria for judging and decision-making shall be at the discretion of the Charity and shall not be open to dispute or discussion.
- The Winner will receive a taxable prize of €50,000 (fifty thousand euros) (“the Winner’s Prize”). The Winner’s Prize shall be considered a commission for the creation of the sculpture from the winning Sculpture Proposal (“the Winning Sculpture”). The cost of materials shall be provided by the Charity in addition to the Winner’s Prize, subject to approval by the Charity of a budget for the creation of the Winning Sculpture.
- The Winner’s Prize cannot be exchanged by You or transferred by You and cannot be redeemed by You for any other prize. The Winner’s Prize may generally be amended and/or supplemented at the Charity’s discretion, and if you are the Winner, You acknowledge that the Winner’s Prize shall be as it is in its final form as advised by the Charity.
- The Runners-up shall each receive taxable prize of €1,500 (“the Runners-up Prizes”).
- If You are chosen as the Winner or one of the Runners-up, You agree to be filmed for potential inclusion in a short documentary film or films (“the Documentary”).
- Entries for the Competition will be acknowledged on receipt, but the Charity accepts no responsibility whatsoever for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged in transit or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
- You are responsible for the cost (if any) of creating Your Sculpture Proposal and generally with respect to submitting your application to the Competition and sending it to Us, as well as all other costs associated with Your participation in the Competition. No entry fee is payable in order to make a submission to the Competition.
- You will have the appropriate training and/or experience to safely execute the artwork set out in Your Sculpture Proposal.
- By entering the Competition, You agree to the collection, retention, usage and distribution of Your personal information in order to process and contact You about Your Competition entry or otherwise by the Charity.
- You warrant that You own the copyright to Your Sculpture Proposal as its creator, and that You own and can grant all rights as required under these Terms and Conditions. You also warrant that Your Sculpture Proposal shall not contain any material that constitutes an infringement of copyright of a third party.
- You agree that the Charity may use the Winner and/or the Runners-up Sculpture Proposals for promotional purposes.
- The Winning Sculpture shall be considered a commission by the Charity with rights transferred in consideration of the Winners’ Prize to include but not be limited to the right of reproduction, to create images of the Winning Sculpture and to exhibit the Winning Sculpture.
- The Charity reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice, and the Charity shall have no liability to You or anyone else in this event for any reason whatsoever.
- The Competition and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Organiser of the Competition: County Hall Arts, of Riverside Building, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7PB