The Final Composition
- All valid Competition entries will be reviewed and a selection of composers will be invited to participate in the second stage (“the Finalists”).
- The Finalists will be invited to create and submit a composition based on their Symphony Fufu Proposal (“Final Composition”). A timetable for this stage will be advised once the Finalists have been selected.
- The Final Compositions may not have been previously performed, published or awarded a prize of any kind. They must be free of any liabilities, including those with publishing houses.
- The Charity and its advisors will review the Final Compositions and elect an overall winner (“the Winner”).
- All of the criteria for judging and decision-making shall be at the discretion of the Charity and shall not be open to dispute or discussion.
- The Winner will receive a taxable prize of €100,000 (one hundred thousand euros) (“the Winner’s Prize”). The composer awarded second place will receive a taxable runners-up prize of €50,000 (fifty thousand euros), third place €30,000 (thirty thousand euros) and up to three other Finalists €10,000 (ten thousand euros) (“the Runners Up Prizes”).
- The Winner’s Prize and the Runners Up Prizes cannot be exchanged by You or transferred by You and cannot be redeemed by You for any other prize. The Winner’s Prize and the Runners Up Prizes may generally be amended and/or supplemented at the Charity’s discretion, and if you are the Winner or a Finalist, You acknowledge that the Winner’s Prize and the Runners Up Prizes shall be as it is in its final form as advised by the Charity.
- If You are chosen as the Winner, You agree to be filmed for potential inclusion in a short documentary film (“the Documentary”) to be viewable on the County Hall Arts Website.
- Entries for the Competition will be acknowledged on receipt, but the Charity accepts no responsibility whatsoever for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged in transit or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
- You are responsible for the cost (if any) of creating Your Symphony Fufu Proposal and any Final Composition and generally with respect to submitting your application to the Competition and sending it to Us, as well as all other costs associated with Your participation in the Competition.
- By entering the Competition, You agree to the collection, retention, usage and distribution of Your personal information in order to process and contact You about Your Competition entry or otherwise by the Charity.
- You warrant that You own the copyright to Your Symphony Fufu Proposal and Your Final Composition as its author, and that You own and can grant all rights as required under these Terms and Conditions. You also warrant that Your Symphony Fufu Proposal and Your Final Composition shall not contain any material that constitutes an infringement of copyright of a third party.
- Finalists agree that the Charity may use their Final Composition(s) for promotional purposes.
- The winning Final Composition shall be considered a commission by the Charity with all exploitation rights including but not limited to the right of reproduction, recording, performance and broadcast to be assigned in consideration of the Winners’ Prize.
- The Charity reserves the right from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice, and the Charity shall have no liability to You or anyone else in this event for any reason whatsoever.
- The Competition and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Organiser of the Competition: County Hall Arts, of Riverside Building, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7PB